Thursday, June 9, 2011

Reduce, Reuse, UPcycle...

It's true, today was the last day of school with kids, so you know what that means?! 3 whole months of creating in my sweatshop craft room! Well, after my National Boards Exam, that is... (It's on Monday morning, so pleeeease send good vibes, thanks!)

Lately, I've been obsessed with upcycling. What the h is upcycling, you may ask? It's simply the process of converting an industrial nutrient (material) into something of similar or greater value, in its second life. Since I'm a coffee addict, it's been easy collecting Starbucks coffee sleeves to make pretty little mini albums:

Here are a few photos from a birthday mini album that I'm planning on adding to our Etsy site really soon:

And this is an album that I made for my bf, Andrew:
They took me about an hour or so to make each mini album, and it's easy to add journaling tags and notes in the pockets. Aren't they fun? You should try to make one!

I challenge you to begin looking at used/useless items and transforming them into something better, prettier, and charming!Click here for a tutorial that you can follow. Happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't see your Andrew album - so cute!!! I never get hot drinks at Starbucks but my mom does - I'll tell her to save her sleeves. Good job, Gracie!

    ReplyDelete

.