Friday, July 8, 2011

Thinking Inside the Box... KABOOM!

Greetings from the Paper Dolls Sweatshop! One project that I've been cranking out this week are "Exploding Boxes". It was such a treat to receive one for my birthday this year, and I just had to learn how to make one myself! The first time was a little daunting... measuring, scoring, folding, cutting, measuring, cutting on the WRONG lines (whoops), starting over, scoring, folding, cutting... and 4 hours later -(not kidding)... I was pleased with the prototype! Now that I understand the assembly process, and have a father who is retired and willing to do all the scoring, folding, and cutting, it only takes me 2 hours to embellish and fold up the box! ha!

This one is my favorite of the 7 boxes I made this week:
"Love" Exploding Box
(the lid)

BOOM! the inside of the box :)

(a view of one side with pockets for notes, pictures, keepsakes...)

(another side)

(another side)
(the last side)
Can you picture a special person who would love this as gift? Especially with all the weddings this summer? I can, too! :) Here is a simple tutorial if you'd like to try one on your own. I promise that if you give this as a gift, you'll get an "explosive" reaction. Happy crafting!

2 comments:

.