Friday, August 19, 2011

"I'm not lying, I'm just stunnin' with my love-glue-gunning"

It's true, I like Gaga... even more when I was playing "Rock Band" a few weeks ago and finally paid attention the lyrics to "Poker Face" with Lauren. During the part,


"I won't tell you that I love you

Kiss or hug you

Cause I'm bluffin' with my muffin

I'm not lying

I'm just stunnin' with my love-glue-gunning"


We looked at each other and thought, "BLOG TOPIC"! haha. Yes, we are nerdy and are easily amused by silly Lady Gaga lyrics and are thinking about our little business all. the. time.


In all of my years of crafting, I have had a healthy phobia of glue guns. True story. Stop laughing. (Raise your hand if you've ever had a blister from a glue gun burn! Yup, you probably sucked it up, healed, and continued to use the gun to make pretty things.) Not me! I could give you a list of other adhesives that I've used to avoid the dang gun... Tombo Aqua liquid glue, Aleene's Original Tacky Glue, ZOTS clear adhesive dots, Amazing GOOP Craft Contact Adhesive and Sealant...


This summer at the sweatshop, I decided to give the glue gun another chance. It's cut down on drying time for projects, and I've probably gone through 200 glue gun sticks making exploding cards! May I recommend one? Here's the one I've been using:


It's the SUREBONDER Hi-temp detail mini glue gun. It's got a fine nozzle for detail work and a built in stand. :) I never thought I'd say it, but I love it.


Take a peak at what I've been working on:


What pretty things have you been making?


P.S. We sold another item on Etsy! Shout out to Candy from LV! Thanks for your support, it means a lot!

(Owl hoop made with felt, embroidery floss, and buttons)


P.P.S. Happy birthday (8/18) to an honorary Paper Doll, my Paper Mama, Mama Baula!

(She's still got it... I got it from my mama.)


2 comments:

.