Friday, June 17, 2011

Favorite Things FRIDAY!

"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens


Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things"...

1. Crafting with my mom. Mama Baula is one, very crafty lady, but way too humble to admit it! Today, she helped me prepare mini books that are made out of paper lunch bags.


My dining table has been an extension of my sweatshop craft room these days...
Lunch paper sacks just begging to be embellished! :)
A baby girl brag book...
2. Dim Sum lunch breaks. I took my dad out for an early Father's Day lunch at one of our favorite dim sum restaurants in Las Vegas...

3. Saving moolah! After lunch I wanted to use a couple of coupons that expire tomorrow at a local craft store. People that know me know that I am cheap, frugal, broke obsessed with coupons. All of you out there that craft know that making pretty things can cost a pretty penny, and I like to keep as many of those pretty pennies in my pretty little pocket! Today, I took advantage of Joann's paper sale (5 for $1... score) and bought a bunch of card stock for future projects. I also bought a few fabric remnants and a scoring blade for my dad. (Yes, my dad! He wants to get in on this craftiness, too, and who am I to stop him?!) With the sale and my coupons I spent $53.45 and saved $105.16! Isn't that crazy? If you haven't jumped on the coupon train yet, I highly suggest that you do. Chugga chugga, Choo choo!
Happy Friday to you!

2 comments:

.