Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Indulging my felt obsession

Don't worry - we're not getting away from Paper - we will always try to incorporate paper and paper products into our art. Felt is extremely versatile, fairly cheap, comes in a whole bunch of saturated colors and doesn't unravel when you cut it. I looked at an owl fabric for the basic shape and then made it even cuter with buttons and embroidery floss stitches. Embroidery hoops make the perfect frame and create a nice finished edge.

For this hoop, I was inspired by a compilation of stitched felt circles that I saw on Pinterest. Of course, I had to add buttons and a cute gingham bow!

I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this little hoop! The colorful buttons are so playful and create the perfect frame for such a nice expression. I couldn't decide if I should embroider "I heart buttons" or "I heart crafts" and ultimately just went with this. I think it was the right decision although I can see them all in my mind and will probably make the other versions very soon! I see all of these hoops hanging from colorful ribbons on a wall together...

OMG! I never thought I would buy zebra printed felt but I am so pleased with the result. I love this little guy. I know he has pink accents but I can't help thinking he is a boy! Tiny button eyes and fuzzy yarn hair add to his personality - I wish you could see his little tail and pink heart butt! 

2 comments:

  1. I love felt!! I make as many thing as possible from felt! Cute stuff, great blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment, pineconegarden! We really appreciate the feedback and the accolades... as you can see, we love felt too! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

.