Thursday, July 21, 2011

B.I.Y. is the new D.I.Y.

Are you on the bandwagon? Come on, you know you want to. What does B.I.Y. mean, you might ask? It means: buy-it-yourself. Do you all remember that old Rice Krispies commercial where the housewife made a plate of Rice Krispy Treats for her adoring family? She bars herself in the kitchen for an hour, throws flour around everywhere, messes up her hair; the works. Then she calmly mixes up the super-easy recipe on the box and sits down and does her nails, or takes a bubble bath or something. I might not be remembering it exactly right but you get the point.

Well, my friends, that woman can be you. All you have to do is buy some lovely hand-made, one-of-a–kind piece of art or craft item (I know of a great Etsy shop I can recommend), pay for it and have it sent to you in the comfort of your home.






When it arrives, safe and sound with heartfelt thanks from the artist(s), sprinkle a couple buttons around, a few pieces of string or twine, and maybe some glue for good measure and then present it to your special someone. Everyone will be so impressed and all the work is done for you. Great idea, right? It’ll be our little secret.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We know I love to BIY!!! Keep up the good work Paper Dolls!!!

    ReplyDelete

.