Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday - Not just for The Real Housewives anymore!



I am, actually, watching the Real Housewives of New York - not the same since Bethany moved on, I must say. However, this Monday's blog is going to be about finding the comfort in moving slowly. I know, its a tuffy!

Hello, loyal supporters, friends, and "lurkers"! Paper Dolls just celebrated its third sale on Etsy this weekend...cue the confetti. Honestly, we are genuinely excited and truly appreciate the support. I can't imagine a time when every sale that comes in doesn't result in a squeal of excitement and a round of text messages chock-full of exclamation points. However, there are other women in our Etsy group that have sold 750, 1000 and even multiple thousands of their crafts. I'd be lying if I said we weren't even the slightest bit jealous.

What I have to keep reminding myself is that while we have been crafting our whole lives, we just posted our first item on Etsy a couple of months ago. Furthermore, we just purchased our first showcase a little over a week ago. It seems to be working and we are going to keep trying different things: adding new items regularly, reposting items so they show up in searches, and continuing to blog, Pinterest and Facebook the heck out of our work.

At any time of day, I am bound to have at least one of the following phrases running through my head:
  1. Take your time and do it right.
  2. Just because something works for one person doesn't mean its the right way for us.
  3. No one said it was going to be easy. Or quick!
  4. Stay focused and work towards your dreams.
  5. The moment you commit to something, the universe conspires to assist you. (Believe me, Universe, we're committed! Bring on the assisting.)
I know one day soon we will look back on this time and wish we could go back to the days when times were simpler and we were able to catch our breaths and had lives outside of Paper Dolls. If that is one year from now, or two, or even three - it will be a great day. In the mean time, I am relishing this period of learning and growth and exploration. Its our time right now. Everything for a reason and everything for good.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.