Wednesday, June 29, 2011

More Is More

Ok, so I've been all over the place with what I've been working on these past few days but there has been a common theme; more is more - no minimalism for me! Everything is several colors, with buttons, patterned paper, felt, paper flowers, you name it. As long as it's cute, it goes.
My mother bought some cheap wooden stakes at Home Depot and I drilled some holes in them, painted them, glued some cute patterned paper to them and connected them with wire and little wooden spools that I painted in the same colors. Then I took some paper flowers and buttons etc., and glued them to the bottom to make an adorable little hanging decoration.
I might add some words or something but haven't decided yet.
I also made this frame. I painted a wooden frame, added some patterned fabric that Lauren had left over from one of her projects, added some felt and plastic buttons. I could have stopped there but I wanted something more. So I added some ric-rac; always a good call.
You can go too far and you do need to know when to say when. However, when you've started something and you're just not quite satisfied with it and consider just giving up, just remember: more is more!

1 comment:

  1. I agree! More is more! :) Love all the pretty colors! :)

    ReplyDelete

.